Friday 14th August 2026
Another hot day (31), I was talking to Mum at her house. I heard this weird alarm sound, thought it was Mum's at first, and realised it was my phone.
It was a government warning about wildfires and to be careful.
There's also a weird burning smell being detected over Bemerton Heath. Been mentioned on Facebook: another fire near Westbury.
Stupid TikTok now has this challenge where they are telling people to light fires and then take a picture of it! How stupid is this? Not content with butchering trees, they're now encouraging arson!
Went to Weymouth yesterday; it was packed. I found a lovely cafe called Waffallicious. The pancakes aren't as thick as Charlie's, but they are nice.
Returned at 6.15, or supposed to. There was a derailment at about 2.20 in the town of Lewis in East Sussex.
Apparently the railway line had buckled in the heat, causing the train to derail and flip over.
Luckily I got back ok, its now getting dark, about 9.00. Lots of thirsty people in Weatherspoons. Lots of passengers from London on board, £80 apparently from there.
My aunt's tower fan has gone wrong; this isn't good, as all the fans have sold out in the shops all over the UK, and it's even impossible to get one online. Amazon isn't posting until September!
I hope mine are ok.
Comments
Post a Comment