Wednesday 12th August 2026

Lots of things to write, just only found the time. About five years ago a lady came to give a talk at Serum Academy, her name was Ann Widdecombe.  I have seen her on the TV lots of times, and she was on Strictly.  I used to go to Sarum Academy when it was still known as Westwood.  I got bullied a lot there, then I went onto Rowdeford boarding school.  I did speak to her, but she's not the sort of women I could work with, she's she's very vocal and terrifying.  I was with the Human Henge group at the time, a lot of the building has changed since I was last there.

Now its in the news that she got killed by someone who broke into her house.  Apparently she was whopped on the head several times, I didn't agree with a lot of her view's but she didn't deserve to be murdered.  They arrested one guy from Yorkshire but let him go, they have another man; I hope they have the right guy.  

Ann Widdecombe murder probe: What we know so far


There were some awful things said about her on facebook, but I only met her one so I'm staying neutral. 

I went to Newquay with mum and saw England beat Brazil in The Griffin pub, Harry Kane scored the best goals.  I was surprised that Germany were knocked out; then came  Argentina.  I was back in Salisbury then, I could hear cheering from mums back door.  The game should have been stopped after 10m because there was a lot of cheating from Argentina including, rough tackles, shirt pulling. aggressive elbowing in the players faces.  So I was gutted when they won, then they were beaten by Spain which was good.  So the yellow belly Argentians had a punch up with the Spanish players resulting in utter choas.  The violence was sparked by Nahuel Molina, who punched Spain captain Rodri, and escalated when Argentina midfielder Leandro Paredes grabbed Spain’s Gavi by the throat and threw him to the ground.  Disgusting behaviour, they should be banned from other World Cups! The Argentine players turned their backs on Spain as they lifted the World Cup trophy, stupid childish behaviour.


It's been a fantastic summer, hot weather since June, but we have to be careful.  This is climate change, the UK has declared a drought so no hose pipes or washing cars.  When I was in the harbour in Newquay it felt like I was in Spain. 

Today people are excited about the Eclipse.  There have been special glasses on sale in places like Robert Dyas, I don't trust these so called glasses.  A lot of scammers have been selling them, they've sold out everywhere like tower fans.

Had a fire at Godshill in The new Forest, apparently someone's van went up.  the smoke could be seen as far as Cows on the Isle of Wight.  I hope the pony's are ok? The traffic in Salisbury was bumper to bumper as the A31 was completely closed; it didn't help that the road on Exeter Street was being dug up!  Over 50 firefighters from Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Northampton and even Devon worked all night to control it; drivers were told to abandon their cars if they wanted to live.  What about the residents?  A lot of those houses have thatched roofs.



Drivers were forced to run for their lives with children in their arms as flames tore towards them on Sunday night, with police telling them to abandon their cars if they "want to live".  One driver, Robert Green, said: "People abandoned cars, running away on the opposite carriageway carrying kids. Our side was trying to turn around and move back through the middle of the cars but it was chaos."

I'm hoping to go to Weymouth tomorrow, so I hope that's not affected.
 


The partial solar eclipse is visible across the UK on Wednesday, August 12, 2026, with the event beginning between 6:01pm and 6:18pm BST depending on location, and peaking between 7:03pm and 7:16pm BST.  Been clear blue skies since June; a lot of stupid advice on Facebook, e.g. stare at it through binoculars!  How stupid is that? I can see a lot of people tomorrow with buggered up eyesight; the day of the triffids comes to mind.  Watch it on TV; much safer.


Update: Met Annmaria by Bradbeers, saw lots of people by Reeves with their cameras. I was about to take a photo, but the bus pulled away.

The eclipse started at 7pm; it didn't really go dark unless you were in Spain or Cornwall.  

Went to the Harnham social club. Some were standing outside with glasses. A lady let me look through hers; I was astounded! You could actually see the disc of the moon almost covering the sun.

Nothing like this will happen again for at least fifty years. Mum and aunt Joan will be long gone, ill be 102 if I'm still alive. Alan will be even older! 

Our world will be completely different.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

19th April 2026

Wednesday 28th May 2025

Wednesday 4th March